Standing/Sitting Upper Body Blogilates Workouts
A friend of mine has been having difficulties finding good POP Pilates upper body videos to do. Her problem is that she can’t lie down without undergoing extreme pain. I feel for her because it’s hard to want to do certain exercises when you know it’s going to hurt. A lot.
Here are my pick of Cassey’s upper body videos that don’t require you to lie on the ground.
- 6 Minutes to Sexy Arms – This is the first and best video that comes to mind because it’s an intense shoulder workout. If your shoulders are weaker, like mine are, make sure to take breaks when you need to. Work up your strength before you push yourself so hard you puke from pain. What this video lacks in time length, it makes up for in difficulty.
- 3 Minute Toned Arms – Holy Guacamole, Batman! For only 3 minutes, this thing sure packs a punch! Your shoulders will be burning burning BURNING by the time you finish. And, if not, good for you, your shoulders are super strong. Do the video a few more times till you do feel the burn. While you don’t actually lie on the floor for this, you will be on your knees for the last couple moves. So, if you have knee problems where you can’t kneel on them, try the last 2 moves standing against the wall and see how it goes.
- Sleek Tank Top Arms – This one is a little iffy, but I think it’s fine for people who can kneel. For that first move, if you don’t have the tricep strength to do a tricep push-up with one leg lifted (or it hurts to lift one leg like that), then just do a regular tricep push-up on your knees. Or, if it doesn’t hurt, have your leg lifted but don’t go down as far.
- Applause Arms Workout – This one is cute and a lot easier than the others mentioned so far. It’s best if you have some weights to work with but filled water bottles would also work. It lightly works your whole body in a kind of dance-y workout.
- Bikini Blaster 4: Awesomesauce Arms – I personally love this workout but it’s long and you need weights for it. For the beginner I recommend using lighter weights. The number of reps are a killer here.
- Bikini Blaster 7: Bodacious Back + Sleek Shoulders – This one is long as well and the reps are high. If you’re already strong, go with the weights. If not, I recommend going without or with light weights. You’re shoulders and back are going to be burning with or without the added weight.
- Never Ever Getting Back Together Workout – Hard on the shoulders. Lots of moving around where they’ll need to adjust through the movement. Beginners, go on your knees when in plank.
- Plank Workout for Flat Abs and Toned Arms – You’ll need weights for this one. Beginners, stay on your knees in plank and everything will be fine.
- Backless Dress Workout – Awesome workout for your back and shoulders. No weights needed, no mat either because you’ll be standing the whole time! While this one isn’t as tough as some others, it’ll still have you burning. It was one of my upper body favorites for awhile because it worked me without totally killing me as so many of Cassey’s other videos will do.
I hope this compilation of upper body videos is helpful for those of you who can’t lie down to do tricep push-ups and the like. Remember to take as many breaks as you need to get through whatever video you’re doing and if something hurts in a bad way, STOP. I cannot stress that enough. Being injured SUCKS. And shoulders are so easy to injure. Don’t do that to yourself.
Adjust any move that your body tells you to adjust. It’s okay if you can’t do a video all the way through without stopping or without adjusting a move to suit your physical limitations. We’re all different and we’re all going our own speed on the journey to fitness. Nobody’s in the exact same place as somebody else. Pay attention to your and nobody else’s.